3 Kasım 2014 Pazartesi

Reflection Task 1a

Hi everybody! I’m Cennet.I was born on 2nd January 1996 so I’m a Capricorn.My parents first wanted my name to be Ceren but later because of my grandma (my dad’s mother), they gave me her name.I wasn’t glad about it when I was in primary school but now I like it.I graduated from Aksu Anatolian Teacher Training High School what is now Aksu Science High School.I come from Antalya, so as an Mediterranean person it is difficult to get used to the cold weather in Ankara.And when this bad weather meets with my prejudice about Ankara, I can say that I’m not so happy about being here.Being away from friends and family is also difficult. But my only consolation is studying in an university like METU.I’m so happy and proud to be here.
As to my family, I have a brother whose name is Furkan.He is 13 years old.We didn’t use to get along well with him before I came here, but now we miss each other.My mom’s name is Havva.She is 40 years old and was born in Burdur.My dad’s name is Metin and he is 43 years old.He was born in Malatya.But me and my brother were born in Antalya.
 As to hobbies and other stuffs, I like swimming, shopping, going out with friends, dancing and playing volleyball.I’ve gone to folk dance for a long time and bachata for a shorter time.I went to violin course but i had to quit because of school.I want to learn spanish as a third language.I also want to travel the world.I’ve been in Poland once thanks to Comenius Project and it was an amazing experience.I like almost all animals, especially cats.I think that’s because of my staying at village for a month when i was young.I can listen every kind of music if I like.I like especially Lana Del Rey.And as an end, I am a fan of Galatasaray.

                                                         
A photo from Antalya

My cat Tarçın 

A photo from our graduation

                                                                      Cennet Kalkan

2 yorum:

  1. Dear Cennet,
    I enjoyed reading your entry. It is quite informative. I learnt a lot about you while reading your reflection, However, I would like to read more about your parents, your hobbies, your strategies to deal with your homesickness, your cat "Tarçın", your music experience (your violin course) and your wish to learn Spanish and your Comenius experience. It would be a good idea to provide some details about these issues in your entry in detail. You have only introduced them briefly. As to the organization of your entry, it might be a good idea to use more formal connectors and pay more attention to the punctuation when using coordinating conjunctions such as "and". As to your language use, you are reasonably accurate. However, I think it would be a good idea to revise your word choice. It is advisable to use more formal words. For example, the word "stuff" is rather an informal word. Also, it might be a good idea to pay more attention to the use of the following grammar points, particularly in the second paragraph, in your entry: the use of articles (such as "I went to violin course") and the use of the expression (such as "go to folk dance"). the capitalization of proper nouns (such as "spanish course"). You also need to be more careful about your spelling more and to put some space before starting a new sentence.
    I am looking forward to readng your next reflection..

    YanıtlaSil
  2. To read your reflection is very enjoyable. Yet I have some points that I want to share with you. I think you should be more careful about punctuation. For example it can be more formal if you use ''yet'' instead of ''but'' at the beginning of a sentence. you should also be careful about subject-object usages. for example you should say ''my brother and I'' instead of saying ''me and my brother'' as subject form. Overall I liked your reflection congratulations:)

    YanıtlaSil