21 Ocak 2015 Çarşamba

Grammar Book Exercises

Page 168-169
Exercises 1

a.Correct.
b.After I had left the room , the telephone rang.
c.After I had lost my money , the conductor wouldn't give me a ticket.
d.While I was falling asleep , there was a loud knock at the front door
e.Correct.
f.Correct.
g.When I opened the box , it turned out to be empty.
h.Correct.
i.Having been asked my name , I was taken to meet the prime minister.
j.By the time I was arrived at the station , the train had already left.

Exercise 2

a.Although feeling dizzy , Sarah managed to play on until the end of the match.
b.Being a powerful swimmer , George reached the island in less than hour.
c.Without waiting for a reply , the mysterious stranger vanished into the night.
d.It being a friday , everyone in the office was in a good mood.
e.While working across the field , Rita noticed something glittering by the path.
f.Abandoned by its owner , the old dog sat by the side of the road and howled.
g.Though shocked by what he had seen , Martin tried to keep calm.
h.There being no chance of escape , the two men gave themselves up to the police.
j.If using a fan-assisted oven , reduce cooking time by halfan hour.
i.By signing your name here, you  agree to the conditions listed below.



Exercise 3
a.Located

b.Discovered  
c.showed 
d.being 
e. Having
f.got  
g.exposed 
h.Visited 
l.being .
j.Discovered  
k.known 


Exercise 4

a.It being a public holiday , there was a lot of traffic  on the roads.
b.On opening the letter , I realized it was from Professor Alton.
c.Though destroyed by fire duriing the war, the palace was later reconstructed.
d.Tears streaming from her eyes , Carol walked from the room.
e.In trying to remove the memory card , I broke the camera.
f.Since using Glosso shampoo , my hair has become soft and shining.
g.Jan was taken to hospital being knocked down.
h.Having been shown to his room George lay down on the bed and slept.


Exercise 5

  • Restoring
  • developing
  • caused
  • marked
  • Having been given
  • Commenting
  • affecting
  • having transplanted
  • grown

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder